Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Scholarship Program
The revenue from "Secure Indiana" license plate sales funds the Indiana Homeland Security Foundation. The Foundation, one of the first of its kind in the nation, provides financial support for critical public safety needs across Indiana. The Foundation offers a Secure Indiana Scholarship to provide higher education financial assistance for Indiana students who wish to pursue a degree.
A full-time student with at least twelve (12) credit hours is eligible for a $2,000 scholarship and a part-time student with at least six (6) hours is eligible for a $1,000 scholarship. The program funds are intended solely to reimburse eligible student educational expenses.
Who Can Apply?
An Indiana resident who is an incoming or continuing student who:
1) Attends or will be attending an accredited Indiana college.
2) Must have a grade point average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
3) Volunteers at a public safety organization such as fire, law enforcement, emergency management or emergency medical services (validated by chief executive). IDHS will determine compliance eligibility. For more information on the compliance of an organization contact the council coordinator.
NOTE: Applicants who are state employees or special state appointees ARE NOT eligible for a scholarship.
Application will require the following:
1) Complete a foundation scholarship application form and include an official college or high school (for incoming freshmen) transcript.
2) A recommendation letter from the public safety organization's chief executive describing the volunteer work completed by the applicant.
3) A resume or list of past employment, awards, honors, and/or volunteer/service activities.
4) A minimum 500-word essay describing why the applicant is applying for this scholarship and why the applicant believes volunteering is important.
5) A completed Vendor Information Form
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...