Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship
The GFOA’s Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship of $5,000 is available for award to an upper-division undergraduate or graduate student of public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, political science, economics, or business administra-tion (with a specific focus on government or nonprofit management). The purpose of the Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship is to recognize outstanding performance by minority students preparing for careers in state and local government finance. The winner of the scholarship is invited to attend the GFOA’s annual conference, where the award is presented. This scholarship is funded by Siemens.
1. Currently a full- or part-time upper-division undergraduate or graduate student in public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, political science, eco-nomics or business administration (with a specific focus on government or non-profit management).
2. Belong to one of the following groups (as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau): Black or African American, American Indian or Alaskan native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Hispanic or Latino.
3. Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
4. Recommendation by student’s academic advisor, department chair (undergraduate students), or dean of the graduate program (graduate students).
5. Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship administered by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...