The Massachusetts Flower Growersʼ Association will sponsor a scholarship award of up to $6,000 depending on length of study.
- Applicant must major in a course of study in Floriculture, Horticulture or related agricultural sciences.
- Applicant must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for a minimum of one year prior to submitting an application.
- Completed applications must be submitted by May 15th of the year to be awarded.
- Payment of $1,500 annually (for up to four years) to be made following receipt of transcripts depending on duration of scholarship.
- One year, two year, three year or four year students will be awarded scholarships proportionately to the number of semesters successfully completed; that is, a one year scholarship or two semesters equals $1,500; a two year scholarship equals $3,000; a three year scholarship equals $4,500; and a four year scholarship equals $6,000 to a possible maximum of $6,000.
- The first payment will be made to the recipient after the completion of the first semester of study (January). The student recipient must provide a copy of the first semester transcript to the Massachusetts Flower Growersʼ Association Scholarship committee. Succeeding payments will be made upon receipt of transcripts at this same time period until the award is complete.
- If applicant does not complete required semesters.
- If applicant discontinues a course of study in the field of floriculture, horticulture or related sciences as determined by the Massachusetts Flower Growersʼ Association Scholarship Committee
- If applicant does not achieve a 2.5 point grade average or better.
Rights of the Massachusetts Flower Growersʼ Association Scholarship Committee
- The Massachusetts Flower Growersʼ Association reserves all rights to make final interpretations to all questions concerning applications, goals, colleges, courses of study, financial need and any problems pertaining to this scholarship.
- Scholarships will be dependent upon available funds.
- The Massachusetts Flower Growersʼ Association Scholarship Committee will only accept the official application form as enclosed or one received via electronic mail. Guidance Directors may copy the enclosed application form as needed.
- The successful applicant will be notified by June 1.