Scholarships have been provided by the ARS of Eastern USA to undergraduate and graduate students of Armenian descent since the early 1980’s as indicated below:
- Applicants must be of Armenian descent, have graduated from an accredited four year college or university in the U.S., and be in need of financial assistance.
- Applicants must be pursuing their studies at the graduate level (Master’s or Doctorate degree) in the field of law, history, political science, international relations, journalism, government, economics, business administration, medicine public service, or a similar field.
- The following information must be sent with a completed application:
- Official transcript of undergraduate, as well as graduate, college grades. The transcript must include the “raised seal” of the college or university. The transcript must include the grades from the first semester of the current year. No faxes or copies will be accepted.
- Tuition Costs- Please include a copy of your school’s costs for the current academic year. You may use the most recent official copy of the school’s bulletin or statement of costs.
- Applicant’s most recent Income Tax Return (form 1040)
- Three letters of recommendation. One letter should be from a member of the Armenian Community. One letter must be from a member of your academic community. (The academic recommendation letter must be typed on paper containing the school’s letter-head). The third letter of recommendation may be from a person of the applicant’s choice.
- Proof of enrollment in a graduate program or proof of acceptance into a graduate program.
- Completed applications must be received by April 1.
You are strongly encouraged to confirm, with the ARS Eastern USA Office, that all required materials have been received, well ahead of the deadline. Incomplete applications, or applications not containing all required documentation, will not be reviewed.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need, academic merit, and involvement in the Armenian community; therefore, we recommend that you include information related to these areas in your application.
Scholarships are for one year only. An individual who receives an award may apply for a scholarship during the following year. There is no automatic renewal. Applicants may receive a total of two awards.View Scholarship
Awards Available: 2