Community Bankers Association of Georgia Hester Scholarship
The goal of The Julian & Jan Hester Memorial Scholarship is to assist deserving high school seniors in their first year of college and to promote community banking.
The scholarship is named after long-time CBA Chief Executive Officer, the late Julian Hester and his late daughter, Jan Hester. Jan was a senior at the University of Georgia when she died in an auto accident on April 15, 1990. In addition to supporting community banking, this scholarship is an opportunity to pass on the positive qualities both Julian and Jan Hester exemplified to further the development of tomorrow's generations.
1. Open to Georgia high school seniors who will be entering a Georgia university, college, or technical institute (if program is two or more years) in the fall semester of 2020. Scholarship funds will be awarded to another student if student does not start that semester.
2. Applicants must be sponsored by a CBA Member community bank to apply for the scholarship. Applicants do not have to be a customer of their sponsoring bank.
3. Requirements (Please do not staple. Use paper clips only.):
a) Complete Application
b) Complete Activity Record
c) Complete Essay
d) Complete Qualifications (1 page completed by a teacher, mailed to the bank by the teacher.)
e) Complete High School Transcript
f) Printout of SAT and/or ACT scores (if not included on transcript)
(Failure to include ALL of the above will result in immediate disqualification.)
4. Mail or personally deliver all original documents to your sponsoring bank by the deadline.
5. Awards are based on academic merit and extracurricular participation, not financial need.
6. Four (4) $1,000 scholarships funded by the Community Bankers Association of Georgia (CBA) and its membership will be awarded.
7. Scholarship funds are paid by the CBA directly to the college, university or technical institute to an account in the student's name to be applied toward tuition, books and expenses.
8. A community bank may also award an additional scholarship to its individual applicant; however, the bank is not required to do this.
9. All applications submitted by CBA member community banks will be reviewed. Those forwarded to the Julian & Jan Hester Memorial Scholarship Judging committee are applications with the highest scores, most impressive essays, school and community involvement and teacher recommendations.
10. The Judging Committee, comprised of CBA member banks and Associate Member companies, will meet and determine four (4) applicants chosen to receive the scholarships. A notice of the applicants chosen will be provided to the sponsoring community bank president. The four (4) award recipients will be notified by the sponsoring bank and the CBA.
11. Any award not utilized may, at the Committee's discretion, be used to increase the number of awards for the next year, or the scholarship may be awarded to one of the semi-finalists.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...