Radio and Television - John Webb Graham Q.C. Rogers Multicultural Scholarship
Rogers OMNI Television has been dedicated to multicultural and multilingual broadcasting over the air and on cable for the past 20 years. In 1986, the Canadian Radio and Television Communication approved its acquisition of CFMT-TV (now OMNI 1 & OMNI 2). It is as a result of its direct involvement with Canada’s first and only multilingual/multicultural television station that Rogers OMNI Television offers these scholarships.
There are four scholarships offered to students of ethnocultural or Native background who are fluent in a language other than English. One of the four scholarships is targeted to a student from the greater Ottawa area.
VALUE: Full Tuition for each year of the program to a maximum of four years.
Students must maintain full-time status (80% course load per term) and achieve a clear academic standing at the end of each year.
The Scholarship awards will be presented to students in their first year of Radio and Television Arts.
1. Canadian citizen or permanent resident
3. Must speak English and be fluent in their mother tongue which may include a Native language. Where French is the mother tongue this does not refer to Canada’s official language, but to those ethnocultural groups who have French as their mother tongue, e.g. France, African communities, Caribbean communities, etc.
1. A 500-word essay explaining their reasons for choosing a career in television
2. The Multicultural Scholarship information form must be filled out and attached.
(page two of this document)
3. Preliminary adjudication of the students’ essays will be made by a committee involving the School Chair and selected faculty. Rogers OMNI Television will make the final selections.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...