NBGA 50th Anniversary Scholarship
Golf NB annually awards University Scholarships to be used towards the cost of tuition at any recognized University or College. These awards include the "NBGA 50th Anniversary Scholarship" for male golfers, the "NBLGA 50th Anniversary Scholarship" for female golfers, and the "John Patrick Sears Golf Scholarship" which is open to both genders and is renewable annually. Golf NB invites applications from resident golfers between the ages of 17 & 23 who meet the Award Criteria, as outlined below, and have demonstrated scholastic and golf ability over two (2) years.
Please submit only one (1) application form. The Golf NB Scholarship Committee will consider all applicants for the scholarship(s) for which they qualify.
Successful recipients will be presented with their award at the Golf NB Annual Golf Awards Dinner in the fall.
1. Academic Performance (40 Points)
A) Students currently attending high school and applying to enter a University or College: An applicant's transcript must show a Grade B (i.e., 75%, our scholarship minimum) in each of the last two years of high school.
B) Students currently attending University or College: An applicant's transcript must show a Grade Point Average 3.0 or 75% (our scholarship minimum).
2. Applicant must be a resident of the Province of New Brunswick and a paid member in good standing of Golf NB & Golf Canada.
3. Applicant must have competitive golfing experience at the Club, Regional, Provincial, and National and/or International level within the past two golf seasons. (Value: 35 points)
4. Participation in extracurricular, community and other sport, activities, and giving back to the game of golf. (Value: 25 points)
1. A University entrance scholarship is not renewable, but applicants may apply the following year for John Patrick Sears award.
2. The John Patrick Sears Golf Scholarship program is renewable, up to a maximum of four years of undergraduate study, provided the recipient continues to meet the award criteria. Recipients must reapply annually in order to be considered for renewal.
Note: Renewals do not require resubmission of letters of reference from club or academic institution.
3. Any award is contingent upon an applicant being accepted at a recognized University or College of his/her choice.
4. Consideration will be given to the applicants who have graduated or will be graduating from High School at the time of the application, provided all other terms of the award criteria are met.
5. Candidates will be judged on the basis of substantiated information contained in their application and support material. Applicants may be asked to appear before the Scholarship Committee.
6. In order to remain eligible for scholarship funding, recipients must maintain their status as an amateur golfer as defined in the Golf Canada Rules of Amateur Status. In the event of investigations surrounding alleged amateur status violations, scholarship funding may be withheld pending a final decision on the matter.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...