Scholarship Value: $5,000
Awards Available: 5
Jun 14, 2023
In partnering with UNCF, the Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholars Program aims to support young leaders who have a demonstrated interest in pursuing a clinical (e.g., pharmacist, physician, practitioner, nurse) or non-clinical (e.g., accounting, business administration, human resources, marketing, public policy) career in the healthcare industry.
You MUST reside, in one of the following eight (8) designated areas: California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Georgia, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia, or Washington State.
At Kaiser Permanente we believe everyone should have equal access to education and live a long, healthy life. The Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholarship Program aims to build healthier communities by helping students achieve their dreams of going to college. This scholarship program enables young leaders to pursue a clinical or non-clinical career in the healthcare industry.
Notice: This scholarship is for students who wish to work in the healthcare industry; it is not for students who wish to pursue a career in business. If you plan to pursue a degree in a non-clinical (e.g., accounting, business administration, human resources, marketing, public policy, ect.), you MUST also plan to pursue a career in the healthcare industry.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
The application is now open for the 2023-24 academic year and students will be awarded in the Fall Term of 2023. Applicants for the program must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by your college or university.
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, permanent resident, undocumented immigrant or designated DACA ("Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals") recipient of the U.S.
- Be a current high school graduate, who plans to enroll full-time, as a first-year college student during the fall semester of 2023, at a U.S.-located, four-year accredited, not-for-profit college or university; or two-year accredited, not-for-profit community college.
- Be interested in pursuing either a clinical career path (e.g., pharmacist, physician, practitioner, nurse) or non-clinical career path (e.g., accounting, business administration, human resources, marketing, public policy) career path in the healthcare industry.
For consideration, application must be submitted online and include the following:
- A current copy of your high school transcript (unofficial copy can be submitted).
- An online recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader (letters from a family member or a friend is unacceptable). Please use the recommendation instructions located to the right for further assistance.
- A full copy of the 2023-2024 school year student aid report (SAR), if you're a designated DACA or undocumented immigrant student, please upload your DACA document(s) confirming that you're a designated DACA or undocumented student.
- Respond to essay prompt regarding career interests in healthcare and why.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance:
How to Apply:
- An online letter of recommendation must be submitted from a teacher, guidance counselor, or community leader (letters from family members or friends will not be accepted).
- If they haven't already, recommenders will need to create an account on the UNCF website to submit an online recommendation.
- Recommenders can still submit an online recommendation without the emailed invitation code, please have them follow the instructions on number four.
- For assistance on how to submit an online recommendation without an invitation code, please click the link at the bottom right of the page.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be:A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or university located within the United States;C) A parent who currently has a...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
The Geoscience Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, and Accessibility (IDEA) Scholarship program encourages women from under-served communities to pursue an education and career in the Geosciences, or Earth Sciences. Many research studies show the Geosciences are the least diverse community in all STEM fields. This Scholarship aims to counteract this and enhance diversity within the future Geoscience workforce.NOTE: Geoscience, herein, is defined...
The American Indian College Fund provides scholarships to American Indian and Alaska Native college students enrolled in certificate, undergraduate, or graduate program at tribal colleges and other nonprofit, accredited schools.EligibilityTo be eligible, students must be an enrolled member (or a descendant of one) of a federally or state-recognized tribe while demonstrating a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00...
We are seeking bright minds with a desire to heighten national awareness via our social media campaign to end the dehumanizing forces of human trafficking and child exploitation.Eligibility RequirementsMust be a current high school senior or college freshman, sophomore, or junior.Plan to attend an accredited college, university, or community college in the upcoming academic year.Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent...
Chevron will award scholarships to students majoring in Information Technology, Engineering and Earth Science. Recipient must be authorized to work in the United States and have a 3.0 GPA.Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels...
Awards Available: 5
Award Deadline: Jun 14, 2023