Scholarship Value: $500
Awards Available: 10
The American Legion Auxiliary, Department of Texas offers a scholarship award to a resident of Texas, child or grandchild of a Veteran who served in the Armed Forces during eligibility dates for membership in the American Legion.
1. Candidates for this award shall be a resident of Texas and a child, grandchild, or great-grandchild of a veteran who served in the Armed Forces during eligibility dates for membership in the American Legion.
- April 6, 1917 through November 11, 1918 (WWI)
- Any time after December 12, 1941 - All Wars/Conflicts
2. Selection of recipients shall be based upon goal, character, citizenship, need, objective, and war service of father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, great-grandfather, or great-grandmother.
3. Scholarships are not limited to persons in their senior year of high school. Anyone meeting eligibility requirements may apply.
4. Participation in the scholarship program shall be voluntary in all Units.
5. Applications must be secured from the Auxiliary Unit in the community in which the applicant resides.
6. Judging, at all levels, shall be on the following basis:
- Character/Leadership 25%
- Initiative/Goals 25%
- Financial Need 25%
- Scholarship 25%
1. Completed application form. (Please double check requirements.)
2. A letter from the applicant, stating qualifications and intentions.
3. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- From the principal or Counselor of the school from which he or she is a graduate, or from the advisor or instructor of the current college or university.
- From a representative citizen, certifying to the applicant’s character, Americanism and scholarship.
- From your choice.
4. A CERTIFIED COPY of applicant’s high school grades for the last two (2) years of work or college transcript.
5. Recommendation of the local American Legion Auxiliary President or Education Chairman.
6. Resume to include statements of financial support from all their sources not listed on the application, extracurricular activities and honors and awards received.
7. The completed application packet must be received by the Unit Chairman no later than March 31, 2023.
8. The Unit’s winning application must be received by the Department Education Chairman no later than April 15, 2023, for review and judging.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be:A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or university located within the United States;C) A parent who currently has a...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
The Geoscience Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, and Accessibility (IDEA) Scholarship program encourages women from under-served communities to pursue an education and career in the Geosciences, or Earth Sciences. Many research studies show the Geosciences are the least diverse community in all STEM fields. This Scholarship aims to counteract this and enhance diversity within the future Geoscience workforce.NOTE: Geoscience, herein, is defined...
The American Indian College Fund provides scholarships to American Indian and Alaska Native college students enrolled in certificate, undergraduate, or graduate program at tribal colleges and other nonprofit, accredited schools.EligibilityTo be eligible, students must be an enrolled member (or a descendant of one) of a federally or state-recognized tribe while demonstrating a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00...
We are seeking bright minds with a desire to heighten national awareness via our social media campaign to end the dehumanizing forces of human trafficking and child exploitation.Eligibility RequirementsMust be a current high school senior or college freshman, sophomore, or junior.Plan to attend an accredited college, university, or community college in the upcoming academic year.Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent...
Chevron will award scholarships to students majoring in Information Technology, Engineering and Earth Science. Recipient must be authorized to work in the United States and have a 3.0 GPA.Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels...
Awards Available: 10