Sixty (60) undergraduate scholarship recipients will receive a trip to either New York City, Portland, OR, or Minneapolis, MN where they will participate in career building activities, including a welcome dinner with a keynote speaker, three to four daylong career development & professional workshops and a scholarship & donor recognition reception.
Undergraduate (current freshmen, sophomores, juniors and non-graduating seniors ONLY!) applicants meeting the following criteria and completing the online application will be considered for The LAGRANT Foundation (TLF) scholarship in the amount of $2,000.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or DACA recipient
- Must be a member of one of the following ethnic groups: African American/Black, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American/American Indian
- Must be a full-time student at a four-year, accredited institution in the U.S., carrying a total of 12 units or more per semester/quarter
- *Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (if you do not meet this requirement, please see the application checklist below)
- MUST major in a field of study that has an emphasis in advertising, marketing, public relations
- MUST have AT LEAST ONE YEAR to complete his/her degree from the time the scholarships are awarded in May 2023
- Recipients MUST be available to participate in the scholarship activities from either May 7 – May 10 2023, May 14 – May 16 2023, and May 21 – May 23 2023. If chosen, the applicant MUST attend TLF’s scholarship activities in either New York, Portland, or Minneapolis as noted at top of page to receive the scholarship. The applicant must make a one-year commitment to maintain contact with TLF to receive professional guidance and academic support
Before uploading and submitting your application online, all application documents must be combined and saved into one PDF!
- Application must be typed or it will not be accepted
- Application form, which includes all of the following components. The following essay questions should be answered on separate pages:
- A one to two-page essay outlining your career goals and where you see your career path leading you. In addition, explain why you believe it’s important to increase the number of ethnic minorities in the fields of advertising, marketing and public relations.
- A brief paragraph explaining college and/or community activities in which you are involved in
- A brief paragraph describing any honors and awards that you have received
- *Optional: If you do not think your GPA accurately reflects your scholastic capability and achievement, then draft an essay no longer than one-page explaining the discrepancy
- One reference letter from a college professor or internship advisor on official letterhead and signed
- Your current resume
- Unofficial transcripts from your college/university; if you are selected as a finalist, you must provide official transcripts. An acceptance letter from your college/university may be used as a substitute for unofficial transcripts if you are an incoming freshman for Fall 2023
- Headshot photo of applicant
Applications must be submitted online only no later than 5:00 p.m. PST on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. PST on or before Monday, January 16, 2023 will receive an additional 10 bonus points to their application. Applications submitted after February 28, 2023 WILL NOT be accepted!View Scholarship
Awards Available: 60
Award Deadline: Feb 28, 2023