Military Benefit Association has established a scholarship program to assist members’ dependent children and spouses, along with National Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans who are members and who plan to continue education full-time in college or vocational school programs. Scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at any accredited institution of the student’s choice.
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarships and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Eligibility for individual programs is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor, and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team.
Applicants to the Military Benefit Association Scholarship Program must:
- Be high school seniors, graduates or GED holders who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year. Applicants must enroll no later than the fall of the year in which the award is granted.
- Maintain a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
In addition, applicants must be one of the following:
- Dependent child of a member of Military Benefit Association who is under 26 years old as of the application deadline.
- Spouse member or a dependent spouse of a member of Military Benefit Association.
- National Guardsman or Reservist who is a member of Military Benefit Association.
- Veteran who has separated from service as of the application deadline and is a member of Military Benefit Association.
- If selected as a recipient the student will receive a $3,000 award.
- Up to twenty-five (25) awards will be granted.
- Awards are not renewable; however students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
- Recipients may receive the award for a maximum of two years.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of educational and career goals and objectives
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- An online recommendation
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or member of Military Benefit Association play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Applicants will be notified in mid April. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of Military Benefit Association. Payments are made in one installment in early August.
How to Apply:
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $25,000 to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the Common App, Scholarship Guidance has created an annual scholarship to reward students.To be eligible for the Scholarship Guidance "Common App Scholarship" a student must:A) Be in Grade 11 or Grade 12B) Be attending college or university no later than October 1, 2025.C) Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater...
Fund for Leaders has been offering scholarships for students at ELCA seminaries who are pursuing rostered ministry in the ELCA since 2000. In the 2023-2024 academic year alone, the fund will provide nearly $3.1 million in scholarships to 345 ELCA seminary students.Eligibility and selection criteria vary across the different types of scholarships available. Read on for more details.The ELCA Fund...
Recognizing the value of education and the benefits it brings to the Coast Guard Family, the Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) Scholarship Program was established to provide additional financial resources to dependent children of Coast Guard personnel embarking on undergraduate college/university studies. Annually a $2,000 scholarship is awarded to the outstanding applicants on a one-time basis. The number of scholarships granted...
Scholarships and other monetary support are available when you join Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC), which allow you to focus on your education by relieving some of the financial pressure. You'll graduate with a respected and secure career path as an Army Officer, and with less debt for the school years your scholarship covers. You’re eligible to apply for...