TransAlta is committed to investing in our communities through meaningful contributions and enhancing the quality of life where our employees work and live. With this in mind, we are introducing TransAlta’s Women in Trades Scholarship, valued at up to $2,500 for eligible students entering in post-secondary trade programs or apprenticeships. The program aims to assist women in obtaining an education in trades by showcasing and rewarding successful female role models.
Eligibility & selection criteria
- You identify as a woman;
- You are a Canadian, Australian or American citizen or permanent resident;
- You are enrolled in a post-secondary trades program or an applied apprenticeship program;
- You maintain satisfactory academic standing throughout your program;
- You have a plan for achieving your education and career goals;
- You are committed to updating TransAlta on your progress throughout your program; and
- You complete and provide the information as requested by TransAlta.
When selecting award recipients, the selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- The applicant is enrolled in a program of study or applied apprenticeship program that supports TransAlta’s operations;
- The applicant has sufficient academic success and career goals;
- The applicant may be a current student/intern at TransAlta;
- The applicant may be a dependent of a TransAlta employee;
- The applicant has a history of community and volunteer participation; and
- The applicant’s essay content.
Please submit a maximum 500-word essay detailing:
- Your academic and career goals
- Any information on community involvement and volunteerism, including any leadership roles
- How you plan to use your education to give back to the women in the community
- How you plan to keep TransAlta informed of your progress in school
- Why you should be the recipient of the bursary
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $50,000 (our biggest scholarship yet) to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college...
The Scholarship Program is open to seniors in high school who meet the eligibility requirements. If you are an eligible student, by completing a college planning step using your College Board account, you will automatically earn a chance to win a $500 scholarship and an additional chance to win a $40,000 scholarship.There are no essay, minimum GPA, test score, or...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services. This scholarship has an intake period...
The Appily scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship is open to high school sophomores, juniors, and first semester senior students for all majors and schools. We will judge this scholarship based on other criteria such as volunteer work, extracurricular activities, special circumstances, etc.About the sponsors of the scholarship (EAB and Appily):EAB is the market leader in helping colleges...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services.To be eligible for the Scholarship you:A)...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...