TransAlta is committed to investing in our communities through meaningful contributions and enhancing the quality of life where our employees work and live. With this in mind, we are introducing TransAlta’s Women in Trades Scholarship, valued at up to $2,500 for eligible students entering in post-secondary trade programs or apprenticeships. The program aims to assist women in obtaining an education in trades by showcasing and rewarding successful female role models.
Eligibility & selection criteria
- You identify as a woman;
- You are a Canadian, Australian or American citizen or permanent resident;
- You are enrolled in a post-secondary trades program or an applied apprenticeship program;
- You maintain satisfactory academic standing throughout your program;
- You have a plan for achieving your education and career goals;
- You are committed to updating TransAlta on your progress throughout your program; and
- You complete and provide the information as requested by TransAlta.
When selecting award recipients, the selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- The applicant is enrolled in a program of study or applied apprenticeship program that supports TransAlta’s operations;
- The applicant has sufficient academic success and career goals;
- The applicant may be a current student/intern at TransAlta;
- The applicant may be a dependent of a TransAlta employee;
- The applicant has a history of community and volunteer participation; and
- The applicant’s essay content.
Please submit a maximum 500-word essay detailing:
- Your academic and career goals
- Any information on community involvement and volunteerism, including any leadership roles
- How you plan to use your education to give back to the women in the community
- How you plan to keep TransAlta informed of your progress in school
- Why you should be the recipient of the bursary
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $25,000 to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the Common App, Scholarship Guidance has created an annual scholarship to reward students.To be eligible for the Scholarship Guidance "Common App Scholarship" a student must:A) Be in Grade 11 or Grade 12B) Be attending college or university no later than October 1, 2025.C) Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater...
Recognizing the value of education and the benefits it brings to the Coast Guard Family, the Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) Scholarship Program was established to provide additional financial resources to dependent children of Coast Guard personnel embarking on undergraduate college/university studies. Annually a $2,000 scholarship is awarded to the outstanding applicants on a one-time basis. The number of scholarships granted...
Scholarships and other monetary support are available when you join Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC), which allow you to focus on your education by relieving some of the financial pressure. You'll graduate with a respected and secure career path as an Army Officer, and with less debt for the school years your scholarship covers. You’re eligible to apply for...
Tomorrow’s dairy leaders are here today, in classrooms, dairy youth organizations, at dairy competitions and on dairy farms across the country. The Dairy Shrine’s task is to encourage, stimulate and inspire them. Since its inception, Dairy Shrine has recognized the importance of laying a foundation for the future, and has constantly expanded its youth programs to capture and challenge the...