Golf Canada Foundation Scholarships
Golf Canada Foundation encourages the athletic and academic careers of promising Canadian golfers and students of the industry by offering financial assistance through scholarships and awards.
The Golf Canada Foundation scholarship program is funded through generous donations from corporations, golf clubs, associations and individual friends of golf. Golf Canada, the Canadian Seniors' Golf Association and the Scholarships and Grants Selection Committee play important roles in contributing to our scholarship fund each year. Golf Canada Foundation strives to build additional scholarship funds and grants to help Canadians use the great game of golf to achieve their potential.
1. Each scholarship is for one (1) year only. Renewals are not automatic, and an application must be submitted each year.
2. All scholarship applicants must be attending, or have been accepted at, a Canadian university or college with a golf program recognized by Golf Canada Foundation. The only exceptions are the Jim Fraser, Geordie Hilton Academic, Connor/Spafford, Mary Ellen Driscoll and the Suzanne Beauregard scholarships that will accept applicants from other institutions. The William Kucey Scholarship also places further limitations on academic institutions attended.
3. High school and CÉGEP students graduating in 2021 may be eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
4. All scholarships awarded are contingent upon proof of acceptance and registration at the university or college.
5. Candidates will be judged based on information contained in their applications and support material.
6. In order to remain eligible for Golf Canada Foundation funding, recipients must maintain their status as an amateur golfer as defined in Golf Canada's Rules of Amateur Status. In the event of investigations into amateur status violations, scholarship funding will be withheld pending a final decision on the matter.
7. The Golf Canada Foundation Scholarship/Granting Committee reserves the right to cancel or reduce a scholarship if the recipient's academic or golf record fails to satisfy the required criteria. In addition, if any part of the completed application form is found to be incorrect, scholarships may be reduced or removed.
8. The Golf Canada Foundation Scholarship/Granting Committee reserves the right to review all applications considering new information with respect to a candidate's academic or golf record.
9. Application DEADLINE IS JULY 2nd, 2021. Absolutely no applications will be considered after this date.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that the application is complete, and all documentation is received. Golf Canada Foundation reserves the right to not accept incomplete applications.
11. Announcement of scholarship recipients will be made by the end of August 2021.
12. Recipients of awards may be requested to provide a photograph and paragraph detailing what the award means to them so that we may share with scholarship donors.
13. Applicants must have been named, or will be named, to the institution's golf team as verified by the school's athletic department.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...