Scholarship Value: $2,500
Awards Available: 4
Since its inception, the SPIRE Scholarship Program has awarded a total of $53,500 in scholarships to 88 credit union members.
The total amount to be awarded for the 2023-2024 school year is $10,000:
- Two $2,500 scholarships for traditional students (graduating high school seniors).
- Two $2,500 scholarships for non-traditional students (returning to or continuing college).
- Student must be an active, primary member of SPIRE Credit Union, and their account(s) must be in good standing.
- Student must answer the following essay question within 500-1,000 words: What is your biggest financial concern in the next three to five years, and how are you preparing for that?
- Financial needs is not considered in the selection of the scholarship recipients.
Winner Selection Process
- In order to eliminate bias, all applicants' names will be omitted from the selection process.
- The applicant must not use his or her name, nor the names of any family members, in either the the essay or community involvement response.
- Applicants will be rated by a committee based on the following: 75% essay (content, creativity, and grammar); 25% community involvement.
Disbursement of Funds
Once recipients have started classes at their schools, funds will be deposited with the Student Financial Aid Office of the college, university, or post-secondary technical school indicated on the application during the first grading period in the school year for which the scholarship applies. Scholarship funds will be disbursed by the school for payment of tuition, books, and fees.
The following stipulations will be indicated when funds are submitted to the schools:
- Scholarship funds can be disbursed by the school for payment of tuition, books, and fees.
- The student must have a GPA of 2.0 or better for the current term.
- If the student does not attain a GPA of 2.0 in the first term (quarter/semester), it may be carried over to the second term (quarter/semester).
- The student must be in active status and attending classes part-time or full-time.
- Any scholarship funds not withdrawn by the recipient by the end of the 2023-2024 school year for authorized expenses will be returned to SPIRE.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be:A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or university located within the United States;C) A parent who currently has a...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
The Geoscience Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, and Accessibility (IDEA) Scholarship program encourages women from under-served communities to pursue an education and career in the Geosciences, or Earth Sciences. Many research studies show the Geosciences are the least diverse community in all STEM fields. This Scholarship aims to counteract this and enhance diversity within the future Geoscience workforce.NOTE: Geoscience, herein, is defined...
Employees of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS), their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the families of each are not eligible. Who is eligible to apply? Applicants must meet all the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:Be a resident of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or...
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is a four-year, full-tuition, impact-driven undergraduate scholarship awarded annually to 10-15 exceptional high school students who have demonstrated excellence in leadership, community service, extracurricular activities, and academics. The Cameron Impact Scholar is unique among their peers in their desire to directly impact their communities and in the world at large. Our Scholar aspires to contribute to...
Awards Available: 4