Between April 1st-May 31st each year, the Securities and Insurance Licensing Association Foundation, Inc. (SILA Foundation, Inc.) is proud to offer the availability of twelve one thousand dollar ($1000.00) scholarships to students focused on careers in the insurance and securities industry for use at any accredited post-secondary college or university within the continental United States.
The Securities and Insurance Licensing Association Foundation, Inc. (SILA Foundation) is proud to announce the availability of twelve (12) one thousand dollar ($1000.00) scholarships to students focused on careers in the insurance and securities industry for use at an accredited post-secondary college or university. Post-graduate studies applicable.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better
- Be enrolled in one of the following areas of study:
- Insurance/Compliance/Risk Management
- Finance/Accounting/Actuarial Science
- General Business
- Business Administration
- Business Information
- Business/Management Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Be enrolled in a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours at an accredited post-secondary school OR
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credit hours at an accredited post-secondary school AND employed part-time working at least 20-hours weekly OR
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours at an accredited post-secondary school AND employed full-time working at least 32-hours weekly
- A completed and electronically signed SILA Foundation Scholarship Application (submissions only accepted between April 1-May 31)
- A copy of a scholastic transcript that proves the academic requirement Note: If you are a high school graduating senior please provide a copy of your high school transcript. If selected, you MUST provide a copy of your upcoming fall enrollment schedule from your college/university before we can release the funds.
- A letter of reference
- Employment verification letter if applying for consideration as a full-time employee
Note: If you fail to provide all required documentation at the time of application, your application will not be considered. If you request a copy of your transcript to be sent directly to us from your college/university, please upload the receipt from your request.
What you need to know
How to Apply:
- Applications are accepted from April 1 through May 31 each year
- Scholarships are awarded for the upcoming school year
- Recipients are awarded based on the substance and value of the application information provided
- Applications are evaluated and approved by the SILA Foundation
- If chosen as a scholarship recipient, proof of citizenship or permanent residency is required (i.e. copy of US Passport, or birth certificate, or state issued driver’s license, or USCIS Permanent Resident Card)
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $10,000 to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
Scholarships and other monetary support are available when you join Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC), which allow you to focus on your education by relieving some of the financial pressure. You'll graduate with a respected and secure career path as an Army Officer, and with less debt for the school years your scholarship covers. You’re eligible to apply for...
Tomorrow’s dairy leaders are here today, in classrooms, dairy youth organizations, at dairy competitions and on dairy farms across the country. The Dairy Shrine’s task is to encourage, stimulate and inspire them. Since its inception, Dairy Shrine has recognized the importance of laying a foundation for the future, and has constantly expanded its youth programs to capture and challenge the...
The U.S. Stockholm Junior Water Prize (SJWP) was founded in 1997 by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) to complement the Stockholm Water Prize. The SJWP is the world's most prestigious award presented to a high school student for a water-research project.PRIZEThe Stockholm Junior Water Prize (SJWP) was founded in 1997 by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) to complement...
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. By removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college, the SCSF plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet...