Scholarship Value: $5,000
Awards Available: 70
The FICPA Scholarship Foundation has been providing financial assistance to students aspiring to join the accounting profession since 1959. We are thrilled to continue to impact future accountants and CPAs!
In 2022, we awarded over 70 scholarships to the best and brightest accounting students at 25 universities across the state of Florida.
Over 70 scholarships will be awarded ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Be a full-time student or part-time student (as defined by each college/university)
- Majoring in accounting
- Attending any college or university in the State of Florida that is a partner with the FICPA Scholarship Foundation (Check if your school is on the list.)
- Be a member of the FICPA (Free for students - register today)
- Have a 3.0 Cumulative GPA and a 3.0 GPA in Upper-Division Accounting (300/3000 level courses or above)
- Must be a 4th or 5th-year student in upper-division accounting courses at the time the scholarship is received.
- Must be planning to sit for the CPA exam and be working towards fulfilling the requirements for certification in Florida.
- Should indicate a desire to practice in the field of accounting as opposed to other disciplines and must indicate a desire to work in Florida.
- Must be citizens of the United States or hold permanent residency status
Each student must have the following information ready before applying:
- Free FICPA Membership Number
- Personal Statement (500 words or less)
- Name and E-mail of 1-2 individual(s) who will complete a letter of recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Cumulative GPA
- Upper-Level Classes (GPA will be calculated)
- Course Name and Number
- Credit Hours for each course
- Grade points given for each completed course
Can I apply as a Freshman or Sophomore?
You have to be a 4th or 5th year student in the following Fall semester to be considered.
If I received the scholarship last year, can I apply again?
Yes. You can receive the scholarship up to two years in a row.
Do I have to be attending a school listed as a partnering university?
Yes. These are the universities that meet our criteria:
- Ave Maria University
- Barry University
- Bethune Cookman University
- Flagler College - St. Augustine
- Flagler College - Tallahassee
- Florida A & M
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Florida International University
- Florida Southern College
- FSU - Panama City
- FSU - Tallahassee
- Hodges University
- Indian River State College
- Jacksonville University
- Keiser University - Ft. Lauderdale
- Miami Dade College
- NOVA Southeastern University
- Saint Leo University
- St. Thomas University
- Southeastern University
- Stetson University
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- University of Miami
- University of North Florida
- USF - Sarasota/Manatee
- USF - St. Petersburg
- USF - Tampa
- The University of Tampa
- University of West Florida
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be:A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or university located within the United States;C) A parent who currently has a...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
The Geoscience Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, and Accessibility (IDEA) Scholarship program encourages women from under-served communities to pursue an education and career in the Geosciences, or Earth Sciences. Many research studies show the Geosciences are the least diverse community in all STEM fields. This Scholarship aims to counteract this and enhance diversity within the future Geoscience workforce.NOTE: Geoscience, herein, is defined...
Employees of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS), their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the families of each are not eligible. Who is eligible to apply? Applicants must meet all the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:Be a resident of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or...
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is a four-year, full-tuition, impact-driven undergraduate scholarship awarded annually to 10-15 exceptional high school students who have demonstrated excellence in leadership, community service, extracurricular activities, and academics. The Cameron Impact Scholar is unique among their peers in their desire to directly impact their communities and in the world at large. Our Scholar aspires to contribute to...
Women at their best, working to help other women to be their bestSoroptimist was formed in 1921 in Oakland, California, at a time when women were not permitted to join service organizations. Our name, loosely translated from the Latin, means best for women. Today, we have over 25,000 members and supporters in countries across North America, Latin America and the...
Awards Available: 70