1. The University of Michigan General Motors Corporation Endowed Scholarship was created to fund, on a perpetual basis, a limited number of scholarships for women and minorities (individuals who are Native American/Alaskan, Asian or Pacific Islander, African American/Black, or Hispanic/Latino).
2. Preference is given to:
A) Minority and/or female employees of General Motors Corporation
B) Minority and/or female children of General Motors Corporation employees
C) Minority and/or female spouses of General Motors Corporation employees
3. Scholarship applicants must base their application on their relationship to a permanent, active, full-time employee of General Motors. Applicants should not base their application on their relationship to a temporary or retired employee or intern.
4. To apply, complete and submit the application on the next page. Complete applications must include a copy of a recent pay stub or a letter from the Human Resources Department at General Motors Corporation confirming employment.
5. These scholarships are not need-based and may be awarded to only one member of a family with an established relationship with a General Motors Corporation employee.
6. Scholarships are awarded to students who will be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program on the Ann Arbor campus during the 2019-2020 academic year.
7. This scholarship is not an employee benefit and is not guaranteed. Recipients are selected from eligible applicants based on academic merit. The number of scholarships awarded each year will vary depending on the annual income from the endowment fund.
A) The 2019-2020 deadline for submission of the application is February 15, 2019, by 5 p.m. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
B) Scholarship recipients will be notified by March 29, 2019.
C) This scholarship is available only to students enrolled on the Ann Arbor campus.
D) This scholarship is not available for Spring/Summer terms.