Steel Intern Scholarship – PAID Summer internship followed by a US$7,500 one-year scholarship.
These awards are preceded by a PAID summer internship at a North American steel producing or steel-related company.
- Up to 40 one-year awards.
- Premier Intern Scholarship – The top-scoring applicant of all received will be awarded the Premier Scholarship, a one-year scholarship of US$12,000 with a paid summer internship (summer preceding the scholarship).
- Applicant must commit to a paid summer internship at a North American steel-related company and must be a citizen of the United States, Canada or Mexico, and may need to relocate for the internship period. Note: Upon selection, AIST will assist in internship placement; however, applicants are encouraged to seek information from steel companies at career/job events and may, at any time, accept an internship or co-op at a steel producing company or industry supplier. If an internship is self-placed by the recipient, the internship will need to be pre-approved. Please contact AIST for approval prior to accepting a self-placed internship. Acceptance of an internship at a company not specifically related to steel manufacturing will automatically disqualify the applicant.
- The recipient may be disqualified if he/she rescinds an accepted offer of internship from within the program.
- Applicant must receive a satisfactory performance review from the internship company, and maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA, to remain eligible for this scholarship.
Qualifying Criteria for Scholarships
- Students majoring in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, data science, safety or industrial hygiene programs
- Applications will be accepted from university freshmen, sophomore and junior applicants, and university seniors planning to attend graduate school.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in a four-year undergraduate (minimum of 12 credits) or graduate program (minimum of 8 credits) at an accredited North American university. An applicant working full-time does not qualify.
- Applicant should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Application, essay and recommendation letter should express a strong interest in the iron and steel industry.
- Applicant must be a citizen of an USMCA country (USA, Canada, Mexico)
- While not required, student membership to AIST through the Material Advantage Student Program, will enhance the application.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A current résumé with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
- An essay, not to exceed two pages in length, citing professional goals, explaining why the student is interested in a career in the steel industry, and discussing how your skills could be applied to enhance the industry.
- A minimum of one (1) recommendation letter (maximum 5) is required from a professional who is familiar with the student’s work and/or interests endorsement letters should be made to the attention of the AIST Foundation Scholarship Committee and must be submitted directly from the author to email@example.com.
- A current academic transcript or other official documentation of academic standing and performance from a university. Note: University Freshmen should provide High School Transcripts.
- Please submit all application documents in English.
Applications will be evaluated and scored as follows: Steel Industry Interest-35%; Grades-20%; Recommendation Letters-30%; Extra-Curricular Activities-15%
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $50,000 (our biggest scholarship yet) to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services. This scholarship has an intake period...
The Appily scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship is open to high school sophomores, juniors, and first semester senior students for all majors and schools. We will judge this scholarship based on other criteria such as volunteer work, extracurricular activities, special circumstances, etc.About the sponsors of the scholarship (EAB and Appily):EAB is the market leader in helping colleges...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services.To be eligible for the Scholarship you:A)...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the Common App, Scholarship Guidance has created an annual scholarship to reward students.To be eligible for the Scholarship Guidance "Common App Scholarship" a student must:A) Be in Grade 11 or Grade 12B) Be attending college or university no later than October 1, 2025.C) Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater...