This $750 scholarship available for a high school senior planning to major in an agriculturally related discipline at any accredited college or university.
The name of this scholarship is the North Dakota Stockmen’s Foundation Jack and Vander Reich Memorial Endowment Scholarship.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide a source of financial support for a student preparing to study an agricultural major and to honor the memory of the late Jack and Vander Reich of Zap, who left a positive mark on the North Dakota beef industry. Jack Reich was a well-known Angus breeder and a respected industry leader, who served as the president of the North Dakota Stockmen's Association and a director of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association and the North Dakota Angus Association. Ten-year-old Vander Reich was an active fifth grader who loved to hunt, fish, cowboy and spend time with his family. The pair was killed in an automobile accident in November of 2012.
Students eligible for this scholarship will:
- At the time of application, be a high school senior.
- Have an interest in the beef cattle industry of North Dakota.
- Be a member or a child of a member of the North Dakota Stockmen’s Association.
- Be planning to major in an agriculturally related discipline at any accredited college or university.
- Submit a completed application to the North Dakota Stockmen's Foundation. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Although not a requirement, preference may be given to applicants with an interest in rodeo and/or shooting sports.
MANNER AND TIME OF CHOICE:
The deadline to submit applications to the North Dakota Stockmen’s Foundation office is March 1. Payment will be made following enrollment in the fall semester of college.
Upon selection of the recipient, the North Dakota Stockmen’s Foundation will forward a check for the amount of the award to the college or university development foundation. The Foundation will make the scholarship payment upon authorization by the office of student financial aid.
How to Apply:
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will be made up of the NDSF advisory committee chairman, at least three other livestock industry professionals and a member of the Reich family or their designee.
- Any changes deemed necessary may be made by the North Dakota Stockmen’s Foundation Board of Directors.
- The winner will be announced in the North Dakota Stockman and other publications and, if possible, be recognized at the annual convention in order to give the winner and the North Dakota Stockmen’s Foundation as much publicity as possible. The North Dakota Stockmen's Foundation reserves the right to publish all or any part of the essays submitted.
- Application will include:
- The applicant's background.
- Why the applicant chose his or her current major.
- The applicant's future plans.
- The applicant's school and community activities.
- The applicant's work experience.
- A short essay.
- Two letters of reference and transcript (must be included with application).
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $25,000 to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the Common App, Scholarship Guidance has created an annual scholarship to reward students.To be eligible for the Scholarship Guidance "Common App Scholarship" a student must:A) Be in Grade 11 or Grade 12B) Be attending college or university no later than October 1, 2025.C) Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater...
Fund for Leaders has been offering scholarships for students at ELCA seminaries who are pursuing rostered ministry in the ELCA since 2000. In the 2023-2024 academic year alone, the fund will provide nearly $3.1 million in scholarships to 345 ELCA seminary students.Eligibility and selection criteria vary across the different types of scholarships available. Read on for more details.The ELCA Fund...
Recognizing the value of education and the benefits it brings to the Coast Guard Family, the Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) Scholarship Program was established to provide additional financial resources to dependent children of Coast Guard personnel embarking on undergraduate college/university studies. Annually a $2,000 scholarship is awarded to the outstanding applicants on a one-time basis. The number of scholarships granted...
Scholarships and other monetary support are available when you join Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC), which allow you to focus on your education by relieving some of the financial pressure. You'll graduate with a respected and secure career path as an Army Officer, and with less debt for the school years your scholarship covers. You’re eligible to apply for...