South Florida Fair Scholarships
The South Florida Fair Scholarship program's purpose is to encourage young people to pursue a higher education and/or trade. These scholarships will be paid as described in each category listed below. The South Florida Fair will award the following scholarships to qualified applicants selected by the Scholarship Committee. The Committee has the right to amend scholarship amounts as it deems necessary. Scholarships must be used within a 5-year period from date of award or will be forfeited back to the South Florida Fair.
1. The applicant must have completed their junior year in high school, be a permanent resident of Florida, and reside in one of the following counties: Broward, Hendry, Martin, Okeechobee or Palm Beach.
2. Additional credit will be given if the applicant is, or has been, a participant in the South Florida Fair's activities. Activities may consist of judging events, exhibits, or any other activity acceptable to the Scholarship Committee.
3. Membership in 4-H or FFA is NOT required.
4. The awards will be presented during the annual South Florida Fair in January.
5. The scholarship must be used at, and must be paid to, an accredited college, university, or trade school. It will not be paid to the applicant.
6. The selection committee requires a personal interview with the applicant.
7. Advertising and promotional agencies, sponsors, Trustees, Directors, staff of the South Florida Fair and their immediate family members, and/or those living in the same household, are ineligible to apply.
8. An essay is required. Those who do not complete the essay will no be eligible for a scholarship. "Describe something you are passionate about. How did you learn more about it and what was it that motivated you to pursue it?" (200 words or less).
9. Two letters of recommendation are required.
10. High School Transcript is required.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...