The Women’s Western Golf Foundation was established in 1971 by the Women’s Western Golf Association and is committed to increasing participation of women in golf and dedicated to providing Women’s Western Golf Foundation Scholarships to worthy and deserving undergraduate women.
In 1971 the WWGF charitable trust was formed to receive and distribute funds to advance women in scholastic achievement and intercollegiate golf programs by:
- Granting academic scholarships to worthy and deserving women students who also have an involvement in the sport of golf. Skill or excellence in the sport is not a criterion.
- Providing financial assistance to universities & colleges with inadequately funded women's golf programs.
When can I apply?
The 2024 application will be available online starting November 1st.
What is the deadline for submission?
All applications and supporting documents should be completed and submitted by March 8th. 2024
When will I know if I was awarded?
The Women’s Western Golf Foundation Committee will make all decisions in April 2024.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible to apply for a Women's Western Scholarship, applicants must be a woman high school senior and meet the following requirements:
- Active participant in the sport of golf (golf ability is not a criterion for selection)
- Have a 3.5 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate outstanding character, integrity and leadership
- Require financial assistance to attend a four-year college in the U.S.A.
What is the value of the scholarship?
The Women's Western Scholarships is valued at $20,000 and will be payable over four years of undergraduate studies.
How many scholarships are awarded?
This year, up to 20 outstanding young women will be awarded scholarships.
What documentation should I prepare to submit?
The following documents can be uploaded directly to your application, mailed or emailed in:
- Personal Essay: Two-page, double-spaced, typed essay to help the committee become better acquainted with you. Your essay should include:
- Personal background
- Your involvement in golf
- Your qualifications for the Women’s Western Golf Foundation Scholarship
- The field of study you are interested in
- Four-year colleges you are interested in attending in the United States
- 1040 Form for 2021 and 2022
- Write a statement concerning the financial condition of your family and how you intend to finance your college education (no more than 200 words, typed)
- The first page of your FAFSA SAR report with your Student Aid Index (SAI)
The following documents MUST be mailed or emailed in:
How to Apply:
- High School Evaluation Form (this can be downloaded during the application process to print and give to your counselor or person designated by the principal to complete and send in along with your official transcript and a letter of recommendation).
- Letter of recommendation from a non-relative who knows you best (i.e. community leader, golf coach, teacher, etc.).
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $50,000 (our biggest scholarship yet) to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college...
The Scholarship Program is open to seniors in high school who meet the eligibility requirements. If you are an eligible student, by completing a college planning step using your College Board account, you will automatically earn a chance to win a $500 scholarship and an additional chance to win a $40,000 scholarship.There are no essay, minimum GPA, test score, or...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services. This scholarship has an intake period...
The Appily scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship is open to high school sophomores, juniors, and first semester senior students for all majors and schools. We will judge this scholarship based on other criteria such as volunteer work, extracurricular activities, special circumstances, etc.About the sponsors of the scholarship (EAB and Appily):EAB is the market leader in helping colleges...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services.To be eligible for the Scholarship you:A)...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...