The Women’s Western Golf Foundation was established in 1971 by the Women’s Western Golf Association and is committed to increasing participation of women in golf and dedicated to providing Women’s Western Golf Foundation Scholarships to worthy and deserving undergraduate women.
In 1971 the WWGF charitable trust was formed to receive and distribute funds to advance women in scholastic achievement and intercollegiate golf programs by:
- Granting academic scholarships to worthy and deserving women students who also have an involvement in the sport of golf. Skill or excellence in the sport is not a criterion.
- Providing financial assistance to universities & colleges with inadequately funded women's golf programs.
When can I apply?
The 2024 application will be available online starting November 1st.
What is the deadline for submission?
All applications and supporting documents should be completed and submitted by March 8th. 2024
When will I know if I was awarded?
The Women’s Western Golf Foundation Committee will make all decisions in April 2024.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible to apply for a Women's Western Scholarship, applicants must be a woman high school senior and meet the following requirements:
- Active participant in the sport of golf (golf ability is not a criterion for selection)
- Have a 3.5 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate outstanding character, integrity and leadership
- Require financial assistance to attend a four-year college in the U.S.A.
What is the value of the scholarship?
The Women's Western Scholarships is valued at $20,000 and will be payable over four years of undergraduate studies.
How many scholarships are awarded?
This year, up to 20 outstanding young women will be awarded scholarships.
What documentation should I prepare to submit?
The following documents can be uploaded directly to your application, mailed or emailed in:
- Personal Essay: Two-page, double-spaced, typed essay to help the committee become better acquainted with you. Your essay should include:
- Personal background
- Your involvement in golf
- Your qualifications for the Women’s Western Golf Foundation Scholarship
- The field of study you are interested in
- Four-year colleges you are interested in attending in the United States
- 1040 Form for 2021 and 2022
- Write a statement concerning the financial condition of your family and how you intend to finance your college education (no more than 200 words, typed)
- The first page of your FAFSA SAR report with your Student Aid Index (SAI)
The following documents MUST be mailed or emailed in:
How to Apply:
- High School Evaluation Form (this can be downloaded during the application process to print and give to your counselor or person designated by the principal to complete and send in along with your official transcript and a letter of recommendation).
- Letter of recommendation from a non-relative who knows you best (i.e. community leader, golf coach, teacher, etc.).
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $10,000 to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
Scholarships and other monetary support are available when you join Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC), which allow you to focus on your education by relieving some of the financial pressure. You'll graduate with a respected and secure career path as an Army Officer, and with less debt for the school years your scholarship covers. You’re eligible to apply for...
Tomorrow’s dairy leaders are here today, in classrooms, dairy youth organizations, at dairy competitions and on dairy farms across the country. The Dairy Shrine’s task is to encourage, stimulate and inspire them. Since its inception, Dairy Shrine has recognized the importance of laying a foundation for the future, and has constantly expanded its youth programs to capture and challenge the...
The U.S. Stockholm Junior Water Prize (SJWP) was founded in 1997 by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) to complement the Stockholm Water Prize. The SJWP is the world's most prestigious award presented to a high school student for a water-research project.PRIZEThe Stockholm Junior Water Prize (SJWP) was founded in 1997 by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) to complement...
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. By removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college, the SCSF plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet...