Scholarship Value: $10,000
Awards Available: 33
Outstanding accomplishments deserve recognition. UCB is celebrating 18 years of awarding academic scholarships to people living with epilepsy, their family members, and caregivers. The UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program winners are an inspiring group of dedicated, resilient, and well-rounded individuals that have been impacted by epilepsy. They are a diverse group of patients, family members, and caregivers who demonstrate academic ambition and personal achievement, who also serve as positive role models for others.
In 2023, UCB will award 33 one-time scholarships to people living with epilepsy, their family members, and caregivers who are pursuing higher education. Thirty scholarships of up to $5,000 each will be awarded to outstanding applicants who demonstrate academic and personal achievement. In addition, two Epilepsy Leader Scholarships and one Joe D'Souza Memorial Scholarship of up to $10,000 each will be awarded to outstanding applicants.
To apply, you must certify that you are:
- A legal resident of the United States
- Diagnosed with epilepsy by a physician or the immediate family member (parent, spouse, child or sibling) and/or caregiver of a person with epilepsy
- Seeking an associate's, undergraduate, or graduate degree or enrolled in a trade school educational program
- A student who demonstrates academic and personal achievement, possesses a strong record of participation in activities outside of school, and serves as a positive role model for others
- Graduating from high school in 2023 or have already graduated from high school
- Enrolled in, or awaiting acceptance from, a United States–based center for higher learning for the fall semester 2023
- Not a previous recipient of the UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program
- Not an employee of UCB or an immediate family member of a UCB employee. Immediate family members are defined by UCB, Inc. as spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, grandchildren, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, stepchildren, stepsisters and stepbrothers. Additionally, immediate family members of healthcare professionals who directly or indirectly influence the prescribing of epilepsy medications are not eligible to apply.
What Makes the UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program Unique:
- The longest running pharma-sponsored epilepsy scholarship program
- No GPA requirement
- Not based on financial need
- Not limited to a particular field of study
- Open to students attending any accredited United States-based institution of higher learning
- SAT/ACT scores are not required
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be:A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or university located within the United States;C) A parent who currently has a...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
The Geoscience Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, and Accessibility (IDEA) Scholarship program encourages women from under-served communities to pursue an education and career in the Geosciences, or Earth Sciences. Many research studies show the Geosciences are the least diverse community in all STEM fields. This Scholarship aims to counteract this and enhance diversity within the future Geoscience workforce.NOTE: Geoscience, herein, is defined...
Employees of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS), their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the families of each are not eligible. Who is eligible to apply? Applicants must meet all the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:Be a resident of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or...
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is a four-year, full-tuition, impact-driven undergraduate scholarship awarded annually to 10-15 exceptional high school students who have demonstrated excellence in leadership, community service, extracurricular activities, and academics. The Cameron Impact Scholar is unique among their peers in their desire to directly impact their communities and in the world at large. Our Scholar aspires to contribute to...
Awards Available: 33