The Microsoft Disability Scholarship seeks to empower students with disabilities to achieve more through access to education leading to a career in technology.
This scholarship will be awarded to promising high school seniors with disabilities who plan to attend a vocational or academic college and aspire to have a career in the technology industry. The scholarships are renewable – each winner who continues to meet the criteria is eligible to receive an annual award of $5,000 for up to four (4) consecutive years for a potential total $20,000 scholarship. A total of eight (8) scholarships will be awarded in 2023.
To be considered for the Microsoft Disability Scholarship, you must:
- Be a current high school senior living with a disability as defined by WHO, including visual, hearing, mobility, cognitive, and/or speech disabilities or other disability
- Plan to attend an undergraduate program in a 2 or 4-year University/College or Technical College in the fall of the academic year following high-school graduation.
- Declare an approved major in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, law, business, or a related field (e.g. paralegal, pre-law, finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school and/or in the community.
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
- Enrollment status must be full-time or half-time.
How to Apply
Our next scholarship cycle will open on January 22, 2024, and applications will be accepted until March 13, 2024. Please check this site again mid-January 2024 to receive further details on the application process. Applications will be submitted via the Scholarship America portal.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to submit the following:
Your future plans:
- Information about the post-secondary school you plan to attend
- Your educational and career goals
Information about you:
- Activities, Awards, and Honors (if possible, include awards that are technology-related)
- Work experience
- Financial information
- Any unusual family or personal circumstances (include circumstances caused by ongoing disability-related expenses)
- An official or unofficial copy of your current academic transcript
- Based on your experience with disability, please share your vision for new technology innovation (such as devices, software, or services) to enhance inclusion for people with disabilities and how it empowers them to achieve more in their lives or communities. Explain how your idea differs from existing solutions. (2,000 characters max).
A letter of recommendation:
How to Apply:
- The letter must be from a faculty or staff member at your school or a member of the community that has worked with you in a supervisory role.
- The letter of recommendation should be original and should not be duplicates of college recommendation letters.
- Applicants are not permitted to include relatives as references.
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $50,000 (our biggest scholarship yet) to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services. This scholarship has an intake period...
The Appily scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship is open to high school sophomores, juniors, and first semester senior students for all majors and schools. We will judge this scholarship based on other criteria such as volunteer work, extracurricular activities, special circumstances, etc.About the sponsors of the scholarship (EAB and Appily):EAB is the market leader in helping colleges...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services.To be eligible for the Scholarship you:A)...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the Common App, Scholarship Guidance has created an annual scholarship to reward students.To be eligible for the Scholarship Guidance "Common App Scholarship" a student must:A) Be in Grade 11 or Grade 12B) Be attending college or university no later than October 1, 2025.C) Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater...