MCC Service Scholarship
This scholarship is for Mesa Community College (MCC) students who have participated in a minimum of 100 hours of community service within the past 12 months of application.
To qualify for the MCC Service Scholarship:
A) Be enrolled at MCC as a student for 6 credit hours or more for the semester in which the scholarship funds are awarded.
B) Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (out of a possible 4.0).
1) Students new to MCC must show a 2.5 GPA or higher at their most recent educational institution.
C) Have completed a minimum of 100 hours of community service at a non-profit or government agency** within the past 12 months of the submission date of application.
1) Community service means: activities designed to improve the quality of life of off-campus community residents. Community service activities may include but are not limited to: academic service-learning and other co-curricular student volunteer activities. Community service includes both direct service to citizens (i.e. serving food to the needy) and indirect service (i.e. assessing community nutrition needs or managing a food bank).
2) Community service hours may only be used once for each semester's scholarship application. Hours counted on this application may NOT have been used on previous MCC Service Scholarship applications.
3) Preference given to those who have not received this scholarship previously.
4) Training, conference attendance, and/or meeting hours are not considered community service hours.
**Service hours MUST be rendered for a nonprofit or government agency. Service done for for-profit entities, family and friends, etc. does not qualify.
• Write a Reflection Essay of 500 words but not to exceed 750 words. See application for details
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...