The purpose of the Virginia Commonwealth Award is to assist undergraduate students with financial need and graduate students to pay part of their college costs. The funds are appropriated directly to each state-supported institution. Funds may be used for need-based grants to Virginia resident undergraduates or for grants or assistantships to graduate students (both in-state and out-of-state). The law requires that the awards to undergraduates be proportional to need so that the students with the greatest need receive the largest awards.
This program does not have a separate application; students must complete the FAFSA or VASA application to be considered. The application and awarding processes are administered by the financial aid office at each Virginia public college or university. Contact the financial aid office at the college you plan to attend for application procedures and deadlines.
In order for an undergraduate student to be eligible for an award, a student must:
- Be admitted into a Virginia public two or four-year college or university;
- Be enrolled at least half-time in an approved degree, certificate, or diploma program;
- Be in compliance with federal Selective Service registration requirements;
- Be a Virginia student as determined by 1) meeting domiciliary resident of Virginia as defined by the Code of Virginia §23.1-502 and augmented by the Domicile Guidelines, 2) meeting the military dependent requirements under § 23.1-505 or 3) meeting the Tuition Equity provision requirements under § 23.1-505.1;
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the institution;
- Have applied for financial aid by completing the federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Virginia Alternative State Aid (VASA) application by the institution’s published financial aid application deadline.
In order for a graduate student to be eligible for an award, a student must:
- Be enrolled full-time in an approved graduate degree program at a participating public Virginia college or university; and
- Meet requirements established by the granting institution;
- Be in compliance with federal Selective Service registration requirements.
Undergraduate: The actual awards will vary by institution and are subject to available funding. The awards may not exceed tuition and required fees.
Graduate: The actual awards will vary by institution and are subject to available funding. The institution will determine the award.
Pending the availability of funds, awards may be renewed provided that the student:
How to Apply:
- Maintains satisfactory academic progress;
- Continues to meet all of the requirements of the Virginia Student Financial Aid Program regulations; and
- If a graduate student, meets the eligibility requirements for graduate students established by the granting institution.
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $25,000 to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the Common App, Scholarship Guidance has created an annual scholarship to reward students.To be eligible for the Scholarship Guidance "Common App Scholarship" a student must:A) Be in Grade 11 or Grade 12B) Be attending college or university no later than October 1, 2025.C) Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater...
Recognizing the value of education and the benefits it brings to the Coast Guard Family, the Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) Scholarship Program was established to provide additional financial resources to dependent children of Coast Guard personnel embarking on undergraduate college/university studies. Annually a $2,000 scholarship is awarded to the outstanding applicants on a one-time basis. The number of scholarships granted...
Scholarships and other monetary support are available when you join Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC), which allow you to focus on your education by relieving some of the financial pressure. You'll graduate with a respected and secure career path as an Army Officer, and with less debt for the school years your scholarship covers. You’re eligible to apply for...
Tomorrow’s dairy leaders are here today, in classrooms, dairy youth organizations, at dairy competitions and on dairy farms across the country. The Dairy Shrine’s task is to encourage, stimulate and inspire them. Since its inception, Dairy Shrine has recognized the importance of laying a foundation for the future, and has constantly expanded its youth programs to capture and challenge the...