Intermediate Jazz Dance - 1st year
Designed for students as an extension of Beginning Jazz Dance. The class will be faster paced and will expect students to have an understanding of basic jazz dance. Individually created choreography will be introduced.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate proper stretching techniques;
2. Demonstrate improved flexibility and coordination through stretching that is done in class as well as steps that are learned;
3. Identify and demonstrate dance steps;
4. Perform a jazz/hip hop dance to a song that is learned throughout the session;
5. Demonstrate original and individual choreography.
Course topics will include the following:
1. Warm up and stretching
2. Moving across the floor with individual dance steps
3. Learning 2-3 8 counts of a jazz/hip hop dance sequence
4. Moving across the floor with combination dance steps
5. Cool down
6. Beginning self choreography
Method of Instruction:
1. Analysis and demonstration by instructor.