Designed to teach the basic fundamentals of yoga to students with little or no experience. Students learn different postures and breathing techniques. All classes end with quiet relaxation.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate good understanding of the basic yoga postures;
2. Demonstrate and discuss the basic ideas of personal growth connected to yoga;
3. Demonstrate appreciation of yoga as a valuable and lifelong activity that can be used for physical and mental well being.
Course topics will include the following:
1. Basic postures
2. History and theory of yoga
Method of Instruction:
3. Various readings
4. Demonstration and analysis by instructor
5. Participation in class activities