Intermediate Lab - 2nd year
Emphasis will be on pair and group work in a curriculum that addresses the goals of reception of prosodic features of English pronunciation and comprehension, TOEFL practice, and discussion and summary of main ideas and supporting details in academic and non-academic discourse.
By the end of the course, students will have:
1. Practiced a portion of the TOEFL Listening Test.
2. Watched two full-length feature English language films and engaged in relevant, interactive tasks with classmates.
3. Watched a variety of English language news, documentary, or serial programming and responded to the content by engaging in a variety of activities; and/or practiced features of American English pronunciation.
Course topics will include the following:
1. The TOEFL Listening Test
2. Brief news reports, documentaries, and serials
3. Commercially produced English language films
4. Music and books on tape and CD as language learning opportunities
5. Applications and academic tasks
Method of Instruction:
1. Interactive audio and video exercises
2. Individual, pair, and group work