1. To be an Engineering Manager, you need a bachelor's degree in engineering or a college diploma in engineering technology. Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) is usually required. In addition, extensive experience in an engineering discipline is required.
2. To be an Architecture Manager, you need a degree in architecture, a registration as a professional architect and several years of experience.
3. To be a Science Manager, you need a master's or doctoral degree in a scientific discipline and several years of experience.
4. To be a Computer and Information Systems Manager, you need a bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or engineering. In addition, several years of experience are required.
5. Many recent entrants have either an undergraduate university degree or a graduate degree.