This is what you typically need for the job:
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A college diploma, specialized courses or industry-related training and certification in landscaping and horticulture are usually required.
- Experience as a landscape or horticulture supervisor or as a landscape or horticulture technician is required.
- Experience in the type of work supervised is required.
- A provincial licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required.