This is what you typically need for the job:
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three to five year apprenticeship program or A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in sheet metal working is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification is compulsory in Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta, and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
- Trade certification for precision sheet metal set-up operator is available, but voluntary in Québec.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified sheet metal workers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.