1. Completion of secondary school is usually required.
2. Completion of a three to five year apprenticeship program or A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in sheet metal working is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
3. Trade certification is compulsory in Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
4. Red Seal, an interprovincial trade certification, is also available to qualified sheet metal workers.
5. Most recent entrants have a trade/vocational certificate and almost 3 in 10 have a community college diploma.
Career Related Questions
What is a day in the life of a Sheet Metal Workers like?
Sheet metal workers perform some or all of the following duties: A. Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications. B. Sheet metal workers may... more
What education do you need to become a Sheet Metal Workers?
1. Completion of secondary school is usually required. 2. Completion of a three to five year apprenticeship program or A combination of over four years of work... more
What is the current Job Outlook for a Sheet Metal Workers?
The job outlook for Sheet Metal Workers is considered Average because: 1. Employment grew at an above-average rate. 2. Hourly wages ($20.58) are close to the average... more
What is the future Job Outlook for a Sheet Metal Workers?
Your job outlook will continue to be Average because: 1. The employment growth rate will likely be close to the average. 2. Although the retirement rate will... more
How much does a Sheet Metal Workers make?
The average hourly wages for Sheet Metal Workers is $20.58/HR, which is close to the average for occupations in the trades, transport and equipment operators sector and... more
What is the currently unemployment rate for a Sheet Metal Workers?
7% of Sheet Metal Workers are unemployed. This rate is close to the average for technical, professional, and skilled occupations. more
How many Sheet Metal Workers are employed part-time?
2% of Sheet Metal Workers are employed only on a part-time basis. There were 18,100 workers employed in these occupations in 2004, an increase of 14% since... more
- How many Sheet Metal Workers are self-employed?
Roughly 4% of Sheet Metal Workers are self-employed. This is considered Average for the industry as a whole. more
What is the average age of a Sheet Metal Workers?
The retirement rate to 2009 will likely be average reflecting the age/retirement structure of the occupation. more