This is what you typically need for the job:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program or university degree in law and security or in the social sciences is usually required.
- A three- to six-month police training program is provided.
- Physical agility, strength, fitness and vision requirements must be met, and psychological or other tests may also be required.
- Experience as a constable and the completion of specialized courses are required for detectives and sergeants.