1. You usually need a university degree.
2. To be a librarian, you need a master's degree in library science.
3. To be an archivist, you need a bachelor's degree with either a minor in archival studies or a certificate in archival studies. You may also need a master's degree in archival studies, archival studies and information science, library science or history.
4. To be a conservator, you need a master's degree in art conservation or a college diploma in conservation technology and several years' experience in conservation work.
5. To be a curator, you must have a bachelor's or master's degree in museology, art history or a field related to your area of work.
6. Most recent entrants have a graduate degree.