1. In general, you usually need a high school diploma and must have a minimum of one year of safe-driving experience.
2. You usually receive three months' on-the-job training including classroom instruction.
3. To be a bus driver, you need a Class B, C, E or F driver's licence in Ontario and a Class 2 driver's licence elsewhere.
4. To be a subway or light rail transit operator, you usually need experience as a public transit bus driver.
5. You may need an Air Brakes Endorsement and First Aid Certificate.
6. With experience, you may move up the ranks to become a supervisor or an inspector.