1. To be a machine operator, you usually need some high school education.
2. You usually receive on-the-job training.
3. You may need experience as a labourer or helper in this area.
4. To be a welder, you need a three-year apprenticeship or three years' work experience with college courses to be eligible for trade certification.
5. To be a machining tool operator, you may need college or other courses in machining.
6. Almost 2 in 5 have either a community college diploma or a trade/vocational certificate.