1. Completion of high school, college or beauty school programs for cosmeticians, estheticians, electrologists, manicurists and pedicurists is required or On-the-job training is provided.
2. Electrologists usually require certification from an electrologist's educational or training institution.
3. Membership in a provincial or national electrolysis association may be required.
4. Completion of a registered dermal therapy program may be required to provide electrology laser and vascular treatments.
5. Estheticians usually require certification from an esthetician's educational or training institution.
6. Apprenticeship for electrologists, estheticians and nail technicians is available in Manitoba. Trade certification for these occupations is compulsory in that province.