1. You need a university degree in electrical or electronics engineering or in a related field of engineering.
2. You may also need a master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering field.
3. You need a licence from a provincial/territorial association of professional engineers to approve engineering drawings/reports and to practise as a professional engineer (P. Eng.).
4. As an engineer, you are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and after passing a professional practice examination.
5. With experience, you can move up the ranks to become a supervisor.
6. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree.