1. To work in this field, you usually need some high school education.
2. You usually receive on-the-job training for these occupations.
3. You may obtain voluntary trade certification and a two-year apprenticeship program if you are an electronic assembler in Saskatchewan.
4. To be an electronics tester, you may need specialized training after high school in basic electronic theory, testing techniques, and testing equipment.
5. To be an electronics inspector, you may need experience as an electronics assembler or component fabricator.
6. With additional training/experience, you may move up the ranks to become an electronics inspector or tester.