This is what you typically need for the job:
- Completion of secondary school is usually required for electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers.
- On-the-job training is usually provided for occupations in this unit group.
- A two-year apprenticeship and voluntary trade certification is available for electronics assemblers in Ontario and Saskatchewan.
- Electronics testers may require post-secondary courses in basic electronic theory, testing techniques and testing equipment.
- Electronics inspectors and testers may require experience as an electronics assembler or component fabricator.