Educational requirements vary, depending on your specialization.
1. To be a technical writer, you usually need a university degree in an area of specialization such as computer science or engineering.
2. To be a copywriter, you usually need a university degree or college diploma in English, French, marketing, advertising or another field.
3. To be a creative writer, you may want to take a creative writing program offered by a university or college.
4. To succeed in this occupation, you need talent and ability, demonstrated by a portfolio of work, in order to be hired.
5. You may also need to be a member of a guild or union related to the occupation.