This is what you typically need for the job:
- A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is usually required.
- A master's degree in project management may be required.
- Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent, are usually required.
- Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
- Professional engineering status or construction trade certification may be required by some employers.