If you need to stay at home because you’re a new mom, a stay-at-home dad, a student who’s studying online, or for whatever reason, it doesn’t mean that you can’t be productive. There is more than one way to make money. Thanks to technology, you no longer have to go to a physical office to work and earn money. The digital age has provided people with the opportunity to do business or work online in the comforts of their own home.
Below are some tips on how to make money from home and see which one works best for you:
1. Test websites. All businesses need their website to work properly and be consumer-friendly. This is because most internet users are always in a hurry and are impatient when it comes to shopping online or searching for information. They want the websites they visit to load fast and be easy to navigate. When websites don’t work properly, a lot of money could be lost every minute, and this is why companies hire people to test their websites and give their feedback in detail.
All you have to do is sign up on testing sites such as UserTesting. If you are eligible for the job after they verify your identity, you will be assigned a test website. You need to give it your full attention and you have to be honest about your feedback. Your screen and voice will be recorded. It usually lasts 20 minutes and you could earn USD $10. The more testing sites you are a member of, the more money you could earn.
2. Answer surveys. You might have heard of this before and you’ve taken no interest in it, but you could earn around USD $250 while you’re watching your favorite show on Netflix. You need to choose trustworthy paid survey websites such as Survey Junkie, One Opinion, Inbox Dollars, Pinecone Research, and Swagbucks, to name a few.
Register an account to any survey website. You could sign up to as many websites as you can, but remember that these paid surveys could be at least 10 minutes each. If a website asks you for money so that you can register, avoid it because that is most likely a scam. The moment you are paid in your account on the website, withdraw it immediately. You never know how long the website could stay in business. Also, create another email solely for this because your inbox will be flooded with alerts.
3. Do freelance writing. If you are into writing, this one could earn you a lot of money. In this digital age, almost everybody is in competition with everybody else. In order to compete on the internet, a business needs great content. In digital marketing, content is still king. Businesses hire people to write content for their website and for marketing. You could write blogs, newsletters, or a guest post and be paid good money for it. You can register in sites such as Upwork and start building a good reputation. Before you know it, you will be getting more proposals than you can handle.
4. Be a tutor. One of the best things technology has given mankind is the ability to work from home even as a tutor. There are apps that have been developed that allow people to have video calls and see each other in real time. These apps also allow file sharing that can be easily accessed by both parties immediately.
Tutoring is great because you can schedule your classes around your own schedule.You could earn as much as USD $20 per hour with this kind of job. You could tutor primary school students, high school students, or even university students who are struggling with a subject that you are good at.
5. Write product reviews. Business owners usually hire someone to use their products and write a product review before they list their products on websites such as Amazon. There is no fixed price for this gig, but you can earn as much as USD $50 for a single review. The longer and more detailed the review is, the higher you will be paid for it.
There are so many other ways that you can earn money while you are at home. If you are taking care of a child, you can manage your time by setting a routine for you and your child. This way, you could insert some time for work when your child is sleeping. If you have other reasons why you need to stay at home, but want to earn some extra cash, this list could be for you.