The SHPE Foundation is a national nonprofit organization that empowers the Hispanic community through increasing access and interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) educations and career paths.
1. Applicants must have a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.50. Students must have completed a minimum of two semesters or three quarters of engineering undergraduate studies in a program accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering & Technology (ABET). Transcript required.
2. A member of the National Society of Professional Engineers must sponsor applicants. Student members of NSPE may sponsor themselves. NSPE membership number will be verified.
3. If two applicants are evaluated to be equal, preference will be given to children/grandchildren of PEI members.
4. Students attending a community college or junior college must have applied as undergraduate engineering student at an ABET accredited program. Proof of application and transcript required.
5. Applicants must submit letters of recommendation from at least two professors in the applicant’s field of engineering studies or appropriate math/science professors. Recommendation letters may be mailed separately by the professors to the address listed below.
6. Applicants must submit a typewritten essay of approximately 500 words. Essay must discuss your interest in engineering, specific field of engineering that is being pursued and then occupation / industry you propose to follow upon graduation.
7. Scholarship will be awarded in July of 2015 with payment in the Fall semester of the 2015/2016 academic year.
Completed applications are due to the PEI Practice Division Manager by April 1, 2015.
8. Scholarship winner will be required to provide their Social Security number to receive the award.
9. Previous winners of the PEI Scholarship are not eligible.