Approximately thirty-five (35) college scholarships are available annually, each in the amount of $3,500. The number of scholarships and their amount for each academic year will be determined after October 15 and posted on the NGC website.
One-year scholarships are available to juniors, seniors and graduate students pursuing a Master's Degree.
Sophomores may make application for their junior year.
1. Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
2. Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States.
3. International or Foreign Exchange Students are not eligible.
4. Doctoral program students are not eligible.
5. Must be attending school full-time as defined by NGC:
A) Undergraduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 graded hours of classes
B) Graduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 graded hours of classes
1. Study abroad on fellowships or internships are not eligible; funds may be applied to studies overseas provided that the study is a condition of the recipientís degree plan and that payment continues to be made to the accredited U.S. college or university.
2. Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale).
3. Must be planning a career related to gardening, landscape design, environmental issues, floral design or horticulture
4. Must be majoring in one of the following fields of study:
City (Rural & Urban) Planning
Habitat or Forest/Systems Ecology
Environmental Concerns (Management: Environmental, Horticulture Resource/Environmental Behavior)
Environmental Conservation (inc. Engineering, etc.)
Land Management and/or other related or allied subjects