Pursuant to its mission, the National Spanish Examination (NSE), a program of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP), is committed to recognizing student achievement and promoting language proficiency in the study of Spanish. To this end, NSE offers the following scholarships and awards to its students:
For 12th grade students:
NSE offers Scholarships for High School Seniors
Application Deadline: May 15
For the 2020 scholarships, applicants MUST:
A) Be a 2020 graduating senior
B) Have scored at or above the 75th percentile on the 2019 NSE - Level III or above
C) Have scored at or above the 75th percentile on the 2020 NSE - Level IV or above
1. Only ONE (1) student per school may apply
2. Schools administering 201-400 examinations may nominate two (2) students, and schools administering more than 400 examinations may nominate three (3) students.
3. Teachers at participating schools must select the applicant(s) from their own school.
4. Students may also apply for scholarships from SHH, NSE's sister organization, but may only be awarded a scholarship from ONE of the AATSP programs.
5. If a student does not attend university during the fall semester following