The Nebraska Softball Scholarship Program was established to award scholarships to Nebraska ASA members who desire to continue their education. Funds are made available through contributions from fans, players, teams, umpires, tournament sponsors and the NSF. All contributions to the scholarship fund are put in a trust fund and only the earnings of the trust may be spent for scholarships.
Application and letters of reference must be returned to the above address before March 1st. Only complete applications will be considered. If you have any questions regarding this application, please call (402) 462-7100. This form may be reproduced as needed.
The Scholarship Committee will meet and select the scholarship recipients by April 1st. Each applicant will be notified by letter the results of the committee's decisions.
1. Scholarships must be used in a post-secondary or 4-year institution.
2. Applicant must have been a member of the Nebraska ASA the past and/or current year as a player, team manager, umpire or Nebraska ASA official.
3. Must not have previously received a NSF Scholarship.
4. Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0.
5. Applicant must be at least a senior in high school or a freshman in college to apply.
6. Enrolled as a full-time student in a post-secondary or 4-year institution.
7. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ascertain their own eligibility to receive such a scholarship according to the eligibility rules of the college or university they will be attending.
8. Signature of Applicant is mandatory electronic signatures are not permitted.
9. An official transcript is mandatory with an Official seal and signature is required.
10. Applications must be typed, all sections must be complete, and no faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.