The RHSAA will award scholarships of $500.00 each to one male and one female graduating student who plans to attend a post-secondary institution. The scholarship is named for Lorne Aston, a long-time educator and former Commissioner of Athletics in Regina.
CRITERIA FOR THE LORNE ASTON SCHOLARSHIP
Eligibility will be determined by the RHSAA Constitution and Bylaws. Applicants must meet the eligibility guidelines which follow:
1. Scholarships will be presented each year to two graduating students, one male and one female, who will attend a post-secondary institution.
2. The scholarship money will be presented once confirmation is received regarding enrolment in a post-secondary institution.
3. Individual students may apply, or students may be requested to apply by schools. An application form is available from the RHSAA office or from the school's athletic director or guidance counselor or available on line at RHSAA web site.
4. Applicants must have an average of 75% or higher, based upon graduation requirements set by Sask. Learning.
5. The applicant must have participated in a number of RHSAA activities throughout his/her high school career and must have achieved a high degree of proficiency in one or more of these activities.
The applicant must have demonstrated leadership ability, sportsmanship and must have made significant contributions to his/her school's athletic program. Applicants must be good citizens and role models in the school and in the community.