The Proof Reading, LLC Scholarship Program awards one $1,500 scholarship each year. This year's winner will be announced on February 23, 2016. To be eligible to enter the Proof Reading, LLC Scholarship Program, you must meet the following criteria:
1. attend classes at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
2. take a minimum of 12 semester units (you must be a full-time student)
3. be a legal resident of the U.S. or provide a valid green card
4. maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.5
5. The deadline for Proof Reading, LLC Scholarship Contest entries is 12 p.m. (noon) PST on January 23, 2016.
6. No late entries will be accepted!
7. Please direct all questions concerning scholarships to email@example.com.
8. Regrettably, no scholarship or essay contest questions can be answered by phone.
You must write a minimum of 1,500 words in reference to the information presented below. There is no maximum word count. We will focus on grammar and your ability to present ideas clearly. Include a works cited page with a minimum of three sources. The essay must follow the Modern Language Association (MLA) system for documenting sources, which is set forth in the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition (New York: MLA, 2009). Submit your essay using the form below. Do not send your transcript unless it is requested.
As the number of those in need in America increases, the needs of charities that provide food, shelter, clothes, and healthcare also increase. This has driven many philanthropic individuals and institutions to reflect on where to put forth their efforts. Please discuss what causes you think organizations and individuals should support and why.