Any full-time high school student residing in Ontario and beginning, in Fall 2017, their first year in full-time or part-time studies leading to a diploma, certificate or degree from any publicly-funded Ontario college or university.
Each applicant must write an essay or create a poster addressing the topic outlined below.
They must also submit a completed application form. All submissions must not violate privacy or copyright laws. Only one submission per applicant.
According to Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act, various workplace parties have duties and responsibilities in terms of ensuring work is safe and healthy. Identify these individuals and their specific roles. Also explain how you would share this important information with new workers in your community.
1. Essays must be a minimum of 600 words and a maximum of 1,000 words.
2. All pages must be numbered.
3. Place correct word count at the end of the document.
4. The document must be word processed in a 12-point font and double-spaced.
5. Do not place your name on any page of the essay.
6. Essays must include a bibliography.
7. Essays as submitted will be final - no revisions.
1. Posters will be no larger than 18" x 24".
2. Entries can be full colour or black and white.
3. Entries should include at least one text message communicating its theme.
4. The only organizational logo that can be included is that of the WHSC.
5. Three-dimensional entries will not be accepted.