The ARS Eastern USA provides graduate and undergraduate scholarships to students of Armenian descent. Graduate students who have graduated from an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S. are eligible to apply for the Lazarian Scholarship. Undergraduate students who plan to attend or are attending an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S. are eligible to apply for the Undergraduate scholarship. Scholarships are awarded from restricted funds established solely for scholarship purposes as directed by donors. ARS scholarship evaluation committees evaluate applicants' merit, financial need, and Armenian community involvement to determine whether to recommend a scholarship award.
1. Applicant must be of Armenian descent
2. Applicant must be an undergraduate student completed at least one college semester at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States OR must be enrolled in a two year college and are transferring to a four year college or university as a full time student in the Fall.
3. The following information must be sent with the completed application:
A) First two pages of your parent's most recent income tax returns
B) First two pages of your most recent income tax returns
C) Sealed official transcript.
D) Two letters of recommendation.
1) A letter from a college professor or advisor on an official letterhead.
2) A letter from an Armenian community leader or representative which attests to your activity or contributions to the Armenian Community.
E) Tuition Costs- Include a copy of your school's costs for the academic year.
4. Completed application and all required documents must be received by April 1.
Scholarship grants are awarded on the basis of financial need, merit, and involvement in the Armenian Community. In determining recipients, we place points in all three areas; therefore, we recommend that you share all pertinent information that will enable us to fairly evaluate your application.
Applications are for one year only. An individual who receives an award may apply for a second scholarship. There is no automatic renewal and applicants may only receive a total of two awards.