Founded by American Express in 1994, this program is designed specifically for current lodging employees and their dependents. Endowed with more than $500,000, the fund has awarded $318,000 in scholarships to 281 students and professionals.
Go to Scholarship Application:
American Express Scholarship
1. Enrolled full- or part-time in an undergraduate hospitality management program at a U.S. college or university
2. You must either:
a) Be working a minimum of 20 hours per week at an AH&LA member hotel with at least 12 months' hotel experience, OR
b) Be a dependent of a qualified employee, and have past employment in some capacity in the hospitality industry
1. Baccalaureate Majors - $2,000 full-time enrollment; or $1,000 part-time
2. Associate Majors - $1,000 full-time enrollment; or $500 part-time
Be Bold Scholarship
The $25,000 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.
To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most...
$1,000 De Novo Scholarship
To be eligible for the De Novo Scholarship:
A) You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.
B) You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico....
To be eligible for the Nitro Scholarship you must be:
A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;
B) A parent who...
$1,000 Ascend Scholarship
To be Eligible for the Ascend Scholarship:
1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.
2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico....