Founded by American Express in 1994, this program is designed specifically for current lodging employees and their dependents. Endowed with more than $500,000, the fund has awarded $318,000 in scholarships to 281 students and professionals.
1. Enrolled full- or part-time in an undergraduate hospitality management program at a U.S. college or university
2. You must either:
a) Be working a minimum of 20 hours per week at an AH&LA member hotel with at least 12 months' hotel experience, OR
b) Be a dependent of a qualified employee, and have past employment in some capacity in the hospitality industry
1. Baccalaureate Majors - $2,000 full-time enrollment; or $1,000 part-time
2. Associate Majors - $1,000 full-time enrollment; or $500 part-time
No Essay You Deserve it Scholarship
The Requirements for YDI Scholarships are:
A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories
B) You must be 16 years of age or older
C) You must either be...
To be eligible for the Nitro Scholarship you must be:
A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;
B) A parent who...
Be Bold Scholarship
The $25,000 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.
To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most...
$1,000 Ultra Scholarship
To be Eligible for the Ultra Scholarship:
1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.
2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico....